The quest is on to find the next women who deserve the glorious Binibining Pilipinas crowns: Miss Universe-Philippines 2013, Binibining Pilipinas-International 2013 and Binibining Pilipinas-Tourism 2013.
Binibining Pilipinas happens to be celebrating its golden milestone this year, and they’re sharing the glory with the golden batch of beauties vying for the crown. The 50 official candidates were presented to media and special guests in all out glam and style at the press luncheon at the Makati Shangri-la Hotel last week. The contestants sashayed in their swimsuits for the first part of the event, then paraded their national costumes during the second half.
Most of the ladies, who are between 17 and 24, have come a long way from home. There are candidates from Cebu, Isabela, and Nueva Ecija, while others come from nearby locales like Taytay, Laguna, and Batangas. Each girl's unique background helped shaped her personality. Some are local pageant winners, others are cum laude graduates from their respective schools. All underwent a rigorous three-day screening by the Binibining Pilipinas Charities, Inc. (BPCI) for the competition.
The 50 candidates were first showcased in the Talent Competition, in which only 16 of them participated. (Missed the Talent Competition highlights? See photos here!) Last week, they competed for the Best in National Costume and Best in Swimsuit. As you can see in photos below, the ladies brandished their near-perfect physiques in revealing swimsuits. Peruse the galleries below and see the sexy ladies in their beachwear plus their stunning Binibining Pilipinas official photos. Tell us who your favorite contestants are when you post a comment below. We’d love to know!
Keep checking Kristn.com for Binibining Pilipinas updates and features. The grand coronation night will be held on April 14 at the Smart Araneta Coliseum.
Photos by Cons Reyes (swimsuit competition)/courtesy of Binibining Pilipinas (official photos)
With reports from Trixie Reyna
1 of 56
- Winner hosts(Left to right) Bb. Pilipinas-International 2012 Nicole Schmitz, Bb. Pilipinas-Universe 2012 Janine Tugonon, and Bb. Pilipinas-Tourism 2012 Katrina Dimaranan hosted the swimsuit competition.
- Leggy ladiesThe 50 candidates paraded in their swimsuits.
- Reigning queenJanine was an inspiration to many of the contestants who joined the pageant.
- Ria Rabajante, 23From: Pasig City
Hotness factor: Svelte and morena, Ria was a knockout when she sashayed on the stage. She looks like Miriam Quimbao, don't you think?
- Bencelle Bianzon, 23From: Quezon City
Hotness factor: Bencelle had a confident walk that made her stand out.
- Zandra Flores, 24From: Pangasinan
Hotness factor: Zandra is a pro at striking a pose.
- Nicole Donesa, 18From: Quezon City
Hotness factor: Nicole has flawless white skin!
- Maria Sofia Gloria Mustonen, 23From: Marikina City
Hotness factor: We love Sofia’s wide smile.
- Yvette Mildenberger, 19From: Legazpi City, Albay
Hotness factor: Her German descent made her a unique beauty.
- Maria Ivy Kristel Gonzales, 24From: Quezon City
Hotness factor: She looks like Hollywood actress Rosario Dawson in this photo!
- Abbygale Moderin, 20From: Antipolo City
Hotness factor: Abbygale’s smile is so cute!
- Katherine Anne Enriquez, 23From: San Mateo, Rizal
Hotness factor: Katherine is a Pinay beauty with a great smile.
- Anna Aquino, 22From: Taytay, Rizal
Hotness factor: Anna’s island beauty—and other assets—earned her rave applauses from the audience.
- Anna Antonio, 22From: Isabela
Hotness factor: Anna’s big beady eyes got us hypnotized.
- Camille Nazar, 23From: San Miguel, Bulacan
Hotness factor: Camille’s got killer cheekbones!
- Charmaine Ellma, 20From: Binagonan, Rizal
Hotness factor: Charmaine was like a regal beauty queen when she strutted her stuff onstage.
- Mary Rose Pujanes, 20From: Batangas
Hotness factor: Mary Rose was cool and confident as she walked onstage.
- Pia Wurtzbach, 23From: Cagayan de Oro
Hotness factor: Look at how long her torso and legs are!
- Joana Cindy Miranda, 20From: Nueva Ecija
Hotness factor: She has an elegant face fit for beauty commercials.
- Carin Adrianne Ramos, 24From: San Pedro, Laguna
Hotness factor: Carin was beaming with confidence during her walk.
- Christine Paula Love Bernasor, 25From: Ormoc
Hotness factor: Christine rocked her long straight locks like a true Pinay beauty.
- Hannah Ruth Sison, 24From: Makati City
Hotness factor: Hannah can project like a professional model.
- Bea Rose Santiago, 23From: Masbate
Hotness factor: Long, lean, and perfectly tanned, Bea's bikini body is to die for!
- Lourenz Grace Remetillo, 25From: Iligan City
Hotness factor: Lourenz’s legs are long and lean.
- Ellore Noelle Punzalan, 26From: Las Pinas City
Hotness factor: Ellore was one of the few ladies who had straight hair. We love it!
- Leona Paula Santicruz, 21From: Aurora
Hotness factor: Here’s another girl with a cute smile.
- Cassandra Naidas, 22From: Antipolo City
Hotness factor: Cassandra looks classy, sassy, and smart.
- Merry Joyce Respicio, 18From: Bulacan
Hotness factor: Merry, arguably the tallest candidate, showed off her gorgeous gams and flawless skin.
- Anna Fernandina Buquid, 22From: Quezon City
Hotness factor: Anna is skinny but has curves in the right places.
- Vania Valiry Vispo, 24From: Batangas
Hotness factor: Vania oozed sexy confidence when she walked onstage.
- Mercegrace Raquel, 19From: Nueva Ecija
Hotness factor: Mercegrace had her model walk and pose down pat.
- Pauline Quintas, 17From: Marikina City
Hotness factor: We like how she pulled up her hair to show off her pretty face.
- Maria Theresa Gorgonio, 25From: Cebu
Hotness factor: Even in a bikini in front of hundreds of people, Theresa didn’t show any jitters and looked like she was having fun.
- Maria Angelica de Leon, 19From: Las Pinas City
Hotness factor: Mariel was an eye-catcher with her fair skin.
- Cindy Abundabar, 24From: Camarines Sur
Hotness factor: Cindy has a very specific beauty and is unblemished from head to toe.
- Parul Shah, 24From: Baguio City
Hotness factor: She has a model pout with a sexy body to boot!
- Grace Yann Apuad, 25From: Agusan del Sur
Hotness factor: Grace has a well-proportioned and well-toned body.
- Theresa Marie Fenger, 25From: Quezon City
Hotness factor: Therese was bubbly and totally confident when she did her walk.
- Angel May Villafuerte, 21From: Naga City
Hotness factor: Angel has a great body! Plus, she’s the only one with short hair!
- Ma. Teresita Alaine Baccay, 22From: Laguna
Hotness factor: Another Pinay beauty we’re rooting for.
- Mariz Ong, 21From: Isabela
Hotness factor: Mariz is one of the voluptuous girls who caught our attention.
- Mutya Johanna Datul, 20From: Isabela
Hotness factor: Mutya has a model bod' with a seductive smile—killer combo!
- Jan Helen Villanueva, 20From: Bulacan
Hotness factor: Jan showed off her curves with a sexy strut.
- Ariella Arida, 24From: Laguna
Hotness factor: Ariella looked self-assured as she faced the crowd during her turn in the spotlight.
- Jacqueline Alexandra Mayoralgo, 24From: Makati
Hotness factor: Jacqueline had an athletic, well-defined body.
- Rhea Nakpil, 23From: San Mateo
Hotness factor: With a sweet smile, Rhea worked the stage with charm and grace.
- Gabrielle Monique Runnstrom, 19From: Las Pinas City
Hotness factor: KC Concepcion, is that you? We had to do a double-take when Gabrielle appeared on stage, looking like the pretty actress. This contestant oozed confidence and charisma with her megawatt smile.
- Imelda Schweighart, 17From: Puerto Princesa, Palawan
Hotness factor: Bootilicious Imelda was one of the crowd favorites among the candidates.
- Amanda Noelle Navasero, 21From: Makati City
Hotness factor: With her mile-long legs and model physique, Amanda is runway ready. She’s got pretty girl looks, too!
- Aiyana Mickiewicz, 23From: Baguio City
Hotness factor: Another crowd fave, Aiyana worked her sex appeal to the max.
- Angeli Dione Gomez, 19From: Cebu City
Hotness factor: Angeli was beaming with confidence on stage.
- Herlie Kim Artigue, 22From: Cebu City
Hotness factor: Herlie’s smile was pretty and sunny.
- Ma. Cristina Ann Pascual, 21From: Taytay, Rizal
Hotness factor: Last but never least, Cristina made sure everybody got a good look at her soft smooth skin.
- Bikini bestAfter all the ladies did their individual walk, they came out in batches of 10 so the judges and the crowd can take one last look before they cast a vote.
- Best leg forwardDespite the long show, all the ladies looked happy and collected until the event ended.
- Honorary judgesThe judges at the event included Bb. Pilipinas-Tourism 1993 Jenette Fernando-Dizon, Miss Universe 2011 third runner up Shamcey Supsup, Bb. Pilipinas-International 2001 Maricar Tolosa, Bb. Pilipinas-International 2008 Patricia Fernandez, Bb. Pilipinas-World 2006 Anna Maris Igpit, Bb. Pilipinas-World 2007 Maggie Wilson, Co-chairpersons of BPCI Eddie Ocampo and Betsy Westendorp (in purple), and chairperson of BPCI Stella Marquez Araneta (in green).
See the official photos of the 50 Binibining Pilipinas 2013 candidates.
1 of 50
- Bb. #1 Ria Rabajante, 23She joined Bb. Pilipinas because it's been her dream since she was 10. When she saw Miriam Quimbao become Miss Universe in 1999, Ria wanted to be just like her.
- Bb. #2 Bencelle Bianzon, 23She admits to being bullied in school because of her prominent ears and dark compexion. She decided to join the competition so she could prove she can succeed in spite of what others are saying behind her back.
- Bb. #3 Zandra Flores, 24She loves the fact that Filipinos are very caring, passionate, and stay positive no matter what.
- Bb. #4 Nicole Donesa, 18She joined Bb. Pilipinas for the experience and believes the honor and respect you get from becoming a beauty queen is something you take with you forever.
- Bb. #5 Maria Sofia Gloria Mustonen, 23She joined the pageant to enhance herself as a person and experience a once-in-a-lifetime event.
- Bb. #6 Yvette Mildenberger, 19Yvette plans to put up her own travel agency to help Filipinos visit Europe.
- Bb. #7 Maria Ivy Kristel Gonzales, 24Maria shared that her boyfriend is very supportive of her joining the prestigious contest. He even bought her a makeup kit!
- Bb. #8 Abbygale Moderin, 20She is actively involved in church ministries and is a Sunday school teacher.
- Bb. #9 Katherine Anne Enriquez, 23She used to work as a marketing coordinator for an events firm but resigned from her job to focus on Bb. Pilipinas. It has always been her childhood dream to join the contest.
- Bb. #10 Anna Aquino, 22She believes her exotic beauty will help her win a Bb. Pilipinas crown.
- Bb. #11 Anna Antonio, 22Anna is currently working as a front desk officer. She wants to be a hotelier someday.
- Bb. #12 Camille Nazar, 23Camille believes that anyone who has potential, regardless of their status in life, can join Bb. Pilipinas.
- Bb. #13 Charmaine Ellma, 20Charmaine has won several local beauty contests already. She was Ms. Rizal in 2012 and recently won Miss Mandaluyong 2013.
- Bb. #14 Mary Rose Pujanes, 20Mary doesn’t believe in dieting to keep fit. She admires Venus Raj for her very Pinay beauty.
- Bb. #15 Pia Wurtzbach, 23A former actress under the name Pia Romero, she believes being a beauty queen requires being yourself and being presentable at the same time.
- Bb. #16 Joana Cindy Miranda, 20Joana used to be very shy, even when she worked as a TV host.
- Bb. #17 Carin Adrianne Ramos, 24Carin is a professional nurse and was assigned in the emergency room. She loves watching horror movies and Internet couching.
- Bb. #18 Christine Paula Love Bernasor, 25Christine’s mom didn’t know that she tried out for the pageant. Her mom is very proud that her daughter became part of the 50 official candidates.
- Bb. #19 Hannah Ruth Sison, 24She is an instructor at the De La Salle-College of St. Benilde and does freelance multimedia art. She wants to be a motivational speaker someday.
- Bb. #20 Bea Rose Santiago, 23Bea grew up in Canada with her family, but she recently learned to be independent and has been living on her own in the Philippines.
- Bb. #21 Lourenz Grace Remetillo, 25She idolizes Venus Raj because she believes the beauty queen paved the way once again for the Philippines to reach a top spot in the Miss Universe pageant.
- Bb. #22 Ellore Noelle Punzalan, 26Ellore is a licensed medical technologist, taking up Medicine at FEU-NRMF.
- Bb. #23 Leona Paula Santicruz, 21She is no stranger to beauty contests: She won Bb. Aurora in 2010. Leona admires Precious Lara Quigaman for her beauty and hosting skills.
- Bb. #24 Cassandra Naidas, 22Janine Tugonon and Venus Raj are two of her beauty queen idols. She also thinks Venus is very approachable.
- Bb. # 25 Merry Joyce Respicio, 18Merry is currently taking up Tourism Management at Bulacan State University.
- Bb. #26 Anna Fernandina Buquid, 22Dindi describes herself as adventurous and “makulit.” She is into airsoft (electronic guns), which she believes trains her to think fast, remain calm, and strategize—qualities that will surely help her in the pageant.
- Bb. #27 Vania Valiry Vispo, 24Vania’s beauty queen idols are Miss International 1979 Melanie Marquez and Miss Universe 2011 Leila Lopes.
- Bb. #28 Mercegrace Raquel, 19She was inspired to join the contest because of the recent wins of Venus Raj and Janine Tugonon. This is her first national pageant.
- Bb. #29 Pauline Quintas, 17Pauline joined the competition so she can become a beauty queen and inspire and influence people.
- Bb. #30 Maria Theresa Gorgonio, 25Having worked as a flight attendant, she has travelled around the world, and she believes that will work to her advantage in this year’s contest. Theresa is also a self-taught photography enthusiast.
- Bb. #31 Maria Angelica de Leon, 19She studied Professional Cookery in New Zealand and has plans to open her own cafe. She joined the pageant because it will be a good experience for her.
- Bb. #32 Cindy Abundabar, 24Cindy has always wanted to become a beauty queen and has joined many competitions in her native Bicol. From her pageant experience, she learned how to be confident and remain humble.
- Bb. #33 Parul Shah, 24Parul believes that one does not need to step on anyone to get on top. Humility and respect will go a long way.
- Bb. #34 Grace Yann Apuad, 25Grace’s beauty queen idols are Ruffa Gutierrez and Janine Tugonon. She likes Ruffa’s beauty and Janine’s drive to succeed.
- Bb. # 35 Theresa Marie Fenger, 25Theresa’s favorite beauty queen is Venus Raj because she feels Venus has a very strong stage presence.
- Bb. #36 Angel May Villafuerte, 21Angel is involved in the project Mr. Kenkoy, a weaving program where proceeds from the bags sold go to the women who make them.
- Bb. #37 Ma. Teresita Alaine Baccay, 22Teresita shared that she is a very good sepak takraw player. “Kapag naglalaro kami ng sepak takraw, ako ang nanalo!”
- Bb. #38 Mariz Ong, 21Mariz is adopted but doesn’t see it as a hindrance to succeeding in life. She admires Venus because “siya ang nagbalik ng Pinoy pride sa Miss Universe.”
- Bb. #39 Mutya Johanna Datul, 20Mutya also likes Venus Raj because “nakikita ko ang buhay ko sa kanya, na nabuhay sa hirap, pero nagsikap. Sa kanya ko nakita na hindi imposibleng makamit mo 'yung pangarap mo.”
- Bb. #40 Jan Helen Villanueva, 20As a kid, Jan had asthma so she took up numerous sports like volleyball, badminton, table tennis, and gymnastics to improve her condition. She is now learning archery.
- Bb. #41 Ariella Arida, 24Ariella idolizes Venus Raj and likes to watch the beauty queen’s pageant videos so she can emulate the way she moves and speaks.
- Bb. #42 Jacqueline Alexandra Mayoralgo, 24Prior to joining Bb. Pilipinas, Jam joined Miss Engineering and Miss Industrial Engineering at De La Salle University and Miss Makati Tourism in 2008.
- Bb. #43 Rhea Nakpil, 23Rhea’s beauty queen idol is Miss Universe 1969 Gloria Diaz because she believes Gloria still embodies all the traits of a beauty queen.
- Bb. #44 Gabrielle Monique Runnstrom, 19She joined the pageant to boost her confidence and be an inspiration to women.
- Bb. #45 Imelda Schweighart, 17Imelda has been in showbiz since she was 14. Her idol is current Miss Universe Olivia Culpo because “she is herself. I admire her confidence.”
- Bb. #46 Amanda Noelle Navasero, 21Mandie likes taking photos of people and places. She is training to become a photographer like her mom.
- Bb. #47 Aiyana Mickiewicz, 23Aiyana loves beauty pageants. She thinks she has the determination, motivation, and physical, emotional, and mental endurance to become a beauty queen.
- Bb. #48 Angeli Dione Gomez, 19Angeli believes beauty queens are born, not made. She admires Miss Universe 2011 third runner-up Shamcey Supsup’s confidence.
- Bb. #49 Herlie Kim Artigue, 22Herlie looks up to Miriam Quiambao, Venus Raj, and Shamcey Supsup and believes that the three are the epitome of beauty and brains.
- Bb. #50 Ma. Cristina Ann Pascual, 21Cristina finished her studies before joining Bb. Pilipinas. She graduated with a degree in Accounting from the Philippine School of Business Administration.