Eight sizzling personalities, seven challenging days, one beautiful islandâ€”Boracay Bodies, the latest reality TV competition show from TV5 in partnership with Boracay Rum, is set out to make your summer viewing pleasure fun, wild, and super sexy. Starting tomorrow, April 6 at 9PM, tune in every Saturday at the same time until May 25Â to see how each contender will do any crazy challenge and overcome controversies to win the Ultimate Party Girl and Ultimate Party Boy titles and the grand cash prize of P500,000!
â€śThis is our first offering for summer. [TV5 has] a new wave of shows that weâ€™ll be launching this season,â€ť said TV5 Head of Creative and Entertainment Productions Perci Intalan. â€śSummer is our most anticipated season every year. Filipino and foreign tourists always look forward to getting out the city to go to the beach, and Boracay is the countryâ€™s top summer destination. This is why Tanduayâ€™s Boracay Rum partnered with TV5 in bringing to you Boracay Bodies. Itâ€™s a reality show featuring the countryâ€™s sexiest personalities who conquer challenges that are found in Boracay,â€ť said Boracay Rumâ€™s brand manager Cheska Sevial.
The cast is an interesting mix of competitive, cunning, and mysterious types: TV actress Wendy Valdez; singer-comedienne Ethel Booba; actresses Krista Miller and Helga Krapf; and model-actors Victor Silayan, Luke Jickain, Brent Javier, and Joross Gamboa. Model Phoemela Baranda is the sultry host who will keep the contestants on their toes as they compete for the ultimate prize.
At the official press launch of the show last April 2, the nine stars were present to introduce their exciting endeavor. â€śYouâ€™re gonna see different sides that you didnâ€™t know we have. Itâ€™ll be exciting,â€ť teased Brent. â€śItong show na ito ay magulo at masaya, parang hair ko,â€ť joked Joross, who sported a sexy mess of curly hair. Victor added, â€śSana ma-enjoy n'yo 'yung show dahil nag-enjoy kami dito.â€ť Wendy is eager for people to see the show: â€ś'Eto na 'yung second time ko sa reality show, so itâ€™s going to be amazing. You have to watch it.â€ť
After the cast shared their thoughts on the show, the press got down to other business and put Krista and Ethel, two of todayâ€™s most controversial stars, on the hot seat. Krista, who reportedly is the reasonÂ Cesar Montano and Sunshine Cruz ended their marriage, was asked to give a comment about her recent showbiz scandal. â€śSad ako for them na naghiwalay sila. Pero ako, andun pa rin 'yung prayers ko para sa kanila na maayos sila. Basta ako wala akong ginagawang kasalanan. Alam ko 'yun at ng parents ko kasi nandiyan sila palagi. Binabantayan nila ako sa lahat ng trabaho ko,â€ť she said, adding, â€śSa Boracay Bodies n'yo malalaman lahat. Doon ako nagsalita nang bonggang bongga.â€ť Cesar and Krista were linked after starring together in the biopic Alfredo Lim, which the actor directed.
Meanwhile, Ethel was put through the wringer about the Wowowillie incident, when host Willie Revillame publicly booted her out of his show. â€śSa sobrang lalim na ng friendship namin, masyado na siyang naging kampante,â€ť the sexy comedienne said. She also revealed that she has no plans of joining the variety show again.
The other Boracay Bodies contestants also had their turn in the spotlight. Former wild girl Wendy answered questions about her chances of falling in love with a costar again as she did on the first reality TV show she joined. â€śIn love na 'ko kay Jesus. When you grow up, you learn from so many things,â€ť she said.
Brent then clarified why he left showbiz and is now making a comeback. â€śI canâ€™t speak Tagalog na diretso so 'yun ang talagang obstacle ko. On top of that, I was with someone for five and a half years. I just focused on that. The reason Iâ€™m doing it again is if thereâ€™s an opportunity, then Iâ€™m still game to try,â€ť the former Regal baby said.
When it comes to cast chemistry, the boys were quizzed about their crushes among the group. Victor was at first shy to talk about it but eventually shared that he likes Wendy because sheâ€™s â€śprim and proper.â€ť Luke, who insisted he only admires the women, said â€śPinaka-admirable sa akin si Ethel kasi may time noon na nagkasakit ako at siya 'yung nag-alaga sa akin.â€ť Brent revealed, â€śHelga is my type. I usually like mestizas.â€ť For Joross, he likes Phoemela. â€śSi Phoem ang hottest kasi sheâ€™s tall, darkâ€¦ Mahilig ako sa morena at magaling siya mag-host kahit nakainom na,â€ť he said with a smile. The pretty host couldnâ€™t help but laugh at all the teasing and said that this zany bunch can seriously focus when needed. â€śPag nakita n'yo 'yung conflicts nila, lumalabas 'yung pagka-seryoso nilang lahat,â€ť Phoemela said.
Boracay Bodies will only run for eight episodes, but with a cast as mixed and wacky as this one, the show will most probably be the talk of the town for the rest of the year. Watch their escapades, dramas, and guffaws every Saturday, 9PM, on TV5.
Click through the gallery below for cast photos from the press event and in Boracay.
Photos by Cons Reyes (presscon)/courtesy of TV5 (celebs in Boracay)
- Boracay BodiesThe cast came in full force for the show's official press launch.
- Boracay Bodies(Left to right) Brent Javier, Ethel Booba, Krista Miller, Joross Gamboa, Phoemela Baranda, Victor Silayan, Helga Krapf, Wendy Valdez, and Luke Jickain are the latest TV sizzlers who'll rock your summer.
- Hotties alertVictorÂ (left)Â said the hottest girl in the group for him is Wendy (beside him) because she's "prim and proper."
- Girl on fireKrista was barraged with questions about Cesar Montano and Sunshine Cruz, but the actress took them all in stride.
- Laugh of the partyEthel didn't let the press give her any more drama about her feud wih Willie Revillame and answered most of the questions with a smile.Â
- In his own elementJoross is a stand out when it comes to personal style. He counts Johnny Depp and Christian Bale as his favorite actors.
- Game womanâ€ś'Pag nakita n'yo 'yungÂ conflicts nila, lumalabas 'yung pagka-seryoso nilang lahat,â€ť said the show's host, Phoemela, about the dedicated cast.
- Pretty young thing"First time ko sa reality TV show... sobrang late bloomer [ako] so super nag-enjoy [ako]," said Helga with a laugh.
- Brent can'tBrent admitted that his struggle to speak Tagalog is one of the major factors that made him withdraw from the limelight.
- Truth or dare gameThe stars were given three leis each for the Truth or Dare game. If they did a dare or answered a question truthfully, they keep the lei. Krista ended up losing all her necklaces!
- Sports buffLuke loves American football and playsÂ for the Philippine Punisher team.
- Single and sexyIs she still single? Krista keeps the mystery going when she's asked about her relationship status.
- Good sportVictor said he had so much fun filming the show. â€śSana ma-enjoy n'yo 'yung show dahil nag-enjoy kami dito,â€ť he said.
- German rootsTwenty-four-year-old Helga is half-German, half-Filipino. Her father is from Germany and her mother is from the Philippines.
- Seeing redJoross may look intimidating, but he's one of the friendliest members of the group.
- New girlWendy said she'll prove on the show that she has turned over a new leaf and is no longer a wild woman.
- On her ownWith a hot new show coming soon, Ethel seems to be doing just fine after leaving Wowowillie.
- With a smileThe presscon started late and the weather was hot, but Brent was still all smiles.
- Sexy cast(Left to right) Wendy, Helga, Krista, Victor, Joross, and Brent promise many exciting episodes on the show.
- Boracay Rum flavorsParty people love the flavors of Boracay Rum: Melon, Cappucino, and Coconut.
- Cute pairWendy and Luke are great friends even if they're against each other on the show.
- Model hostBoracay Bodies host Phoemela Baranda is a pro when it comes to reality TV shows. She hosted one in 2004 and was a contestant of another in 2008.
- Too hot for TVBoracay Bodies premieres tomorrow, April 6, 9PM, on TV5.
- Brent â€śThe Boy Next Doorâ€ťâ€śI donâ€™t care what they do. Nandito ako para manalo.â€ť
- Helga â€śThe Sweet Girlâ€ťâ€śReady na 'ko ma-experience ang lahat dito sa Boracay.â€ť
- Joross â€śThe Jesterâ€ťâ€śSisiguraduhin kong magugulo ang buhay n'yo dito sa isla.â€ť
- Krista â€śThe Mysterious Girlâ€ťâ€śHumanda sila sa mga pasabog ko.â€ť
- Wendy â€śThe Righteousâ€ťâ€śSiguradong magugulat kayo sa bagong Wendy.â€ť
- Luke â€śThe Wise Manâ€ťâ€śNandito ako sa isla para mag-relax at mag-enjoy.â€ť
- Victor â€śThe Lover Boyâ€ťâ€śGame ako sa kahit anong bagay."
- Ethel â€śThe Divaâ€ťâ€śWala akong pakialam sa kanilang lahat, basta ako magre-reyna dito.â€ť
- Phoemela "The Host""Are you ready to be the life of the party?"