Fans of Thai stars Mario Maurer and Baifern Pimchanok were in for a treat last Sunday, August 4, as the in-demand duo invaded Manila for the Penshoppe Fan Conference 2013! The international fashion endorsers visited both SM City North EDSA and the SM Mall of Asia Atrium to meet and greet their fans. If you missed your chance to see your idols, don't fret! The Kristn team was at the Mall of Asia event, and we've got the scoop for you right here.
The Atrium was packed with screaming fans who went wild when Mario and Baifern went up on stage. Award-winning actor Mario had the girls swooning, while men and women alike admired his First Love (A Little Thing Called Love) co-star Baifern's beauty.
This was Baifern's first visit to the Philippines, but Mario is already well-acquainted with our country. He was officially launched as a Penshoppe endorser back in 2011, and modelled at Philippine Fashion Week that same year. He's also a familiar face in the local movie scene, after starring opposite Erich Gonzales in Suddenly It's Magic, and winning the Best Actor award at the 2008 Cinemanila International Film Festival for his role in The Love of Siam.
According to Penshoppe Brand Director Jeff Bascon, Mario and Baifern are ideal representatives for the brand. "We love their energy--they have a fresh and youthful vibe that represents what the brand is all about," he said in a statement. "Everyone's just excited and we're happy that we're able to give Penshoppe fans the opportunity to see and meet them."
Penshoppe FanCon 2013 Click through the slideshow below to see photos from the event and read quotes from Mario and Baifern. Plus, we give you a sneak peek at their Penshoppe campaign photos, which were shot on location in Bangkok!
1 of 27
- Penshoppe FanCon 2013Fans gathered at the SM Mall of Asia Atrium last Sunday to meet and greet Penshoppe's international endorsers Mario Maurer and Baifern Pimchanok.
- Penshoppe FanCon 2013The crowd went wild when the duo went up on stage!
- Penshoppe FanCon 2013The Thai stars have a very big Filipino fanbase, and we're told that their mall appearance earlier that day in SM City North EDSA was just as packed!
- Penshoppe FanCon 2013They sat down with event host Cesca Litton for a brief interview in front of the crowd.
- Penshoppe FanCon 2013"Thank you very much for coming here," Mario told his fans the moment he sat down. The Thai-German model and award-winning actor seemed overwhelmed by the number of people who showed up.
- Penshoppe FanCon 2013Since this is Baifern's first time in the Philippines, Cesca asked the 20-year-old actress about her impression of Filipinos. "There are so many nice people here!" replied Baifern. "I'm so excited and very happy. Thank you for supporting me."
- Penshoppe FanCon 2013Baifern is best known for her role opposite Mario in the 2010 film First Love (A Little Thing Called Love). She also made a guest appearance in Mario's first Filipino movie Suddenly It's Magic.
- Penshoppe FanCon 2013The young stars are very happy to be part of the Penshoppe family. "For me, being part of Team Penshoppe is very great. I've been with them for two years already," said Mario. "I feel honored to be part of a brand like Penshoppe," said Baifern.
- Penshoppe FanCon 2013When asked about their favorite Penshoppe pieces, both actors had a hard time choosing. "All of them have a creative style, so I like all of them," said Mario. Baifern agreed with him.
- Penshoppe FanCon 2013Someone from the audience asked about a possible onscreen reunion for the pair for a sequel to First Love (A Little Thing Called Love). According to Mario, "I heard that they want to do it, but it [depends on] the free time of me and Baifern. Maybe in the future it's going to happen."
- Penshoppe FanCon 2013Another fan asked if Mario would be interested to record an album. "I'm not a good singer," he said, "but if my Filipino fans want to listen to me, I'll try."
- Penshoppe FanCon 2013Baifern also claimed that she's not a good singer, but she was willing to give it a try after fans insisted on a demonstration.
- Penshoppe FanCon 2013She sang along with a track that was blasted across the Atrium, while Mario danced with her onstage.
- Penshoppe FanCon 2013She said that on a scale of one to ten, she would rate her love for her fans at 100!
- Penshoppe FanCon 2013Rock on, Baifern!
- Penshoppe FanCon 2013After their song number, Mario was asked about his love life. He said that the first time he fell in love was in high school, and that he would "do anything for love."
- Penshoppe FanCon 2013Some lucky Penshoppe Card holders won VIP passes and a photo opportunity with the stars.
- Penshoppe FanCon 2013Baifern and Mario were very accommodating.
- Penshoppe FanCon 2013The pair enjoyed interacting with their fans.
- Penshoppe FanCon 2013These three fashion-forward fans won autographed shirts by modeling their Penshoppe-worthy outfits onstage.
- Penshoppe FanCon 2013Check out the wild crowd that turned up at the Atrium!
- Penshoppe FanCon 2013Fans brought signs and banners that proclaimed their love for the stars.
- Mario Maurer and Baifern Pimchanok for PenshoppeMario and Baifern shot their new campaign on location in Bangkok.
- Mario Maurer and Baifern Pimchanok for Penshoppe"I enjoyed the shoot with Baifern this time in Bangkok. It was nice because we haven't worked together in quite some time," said Mario.
- Mario Maurer and Baifern Pimchanok for PenshoppeHe continued, "We did [the shoot] with a Thai photographer, and it came out very well. I'm really happy to work with Baifern again."
- Mario Maurer and Baifern Pimchanok for PenshoppeThe 24-year-old actor has been modeling since he was 16. He says his personal style is very simple: "I usually wear a bit of color, a black or dark blue shirt, and denims--of course, from Penshoppe."
- Mario Maurer and Baifern Pimchanok for PenshoppeAside from modeling, Baifern is also studying acting at the Srinakharinwirot University in Bangkok. When it comes to fashion, she prioritizes function, telling us that she wears "anything that's comfortable."
Event photos by Toni Carrillo
Campaign photos courtesy of Penshoppe